Environmentally Conscious Products
We provide eco-conscious products. Our efforts to reduce environmental impacts are yielding products that increase production process and product energy efficiency, raise resource efficiency, and eliminate the use of harmful and hazardous substances.
- Compact, lightweight, energy-efficient Epson products that are designed for long life and easy recyclability have a lower environmental impact across their life cycles.
- Epson produces attractive products engineered for easy maintenance and chemical safety.
Environmentally Conscious Products
A life cycle icon is used to clearly communicate the stage of the product life cycles in which Epson has achieved significant reductions in environmental impacts.
Saving Space and Energy at Home
Compact and lightweight design offers the customer more freedom when it comes to installation location and reduces the environmental impact.
Global Warming Impacts Across Product Life Cycle (CO2 equivalent)
* A life Cycle Assessment was used to calculate the global warming impacts of the product at each phase of its assume 3-year life cycle and express this as a CO2 equivalent. The life cycle includes material & product manufacturing, distribution, use by customer, and disposal/recycling of end-of-life products. Calculated assuming five A4-size color documents per day, per month (with 20 working days a month). Comparisons in Japan specification between the EP-880A (known as the XP-8500) and its conventional 2012 model. The unit indicator by the Japan Ship Technology Research Association is used for calculating emissions during sea transport. Global warming impacts will vary according to the customer's printer usage conditions.
- Compact and lightweight design contributes resource saving.
- Approx. 10% smaller and approx. 7% lighter main unit*1
- Energy saving
- Sleep mode's energy consumption is less than 1W
- Approx. 67% less energy in sleep mode*1
*1 Compared with 2012 model XP-750
High-capacity ink tanks reduce resource consumption for consumables
Includes ink tanks. Reduced number of ink refills, contributes to the reduction of environmental impact and allows users to experience improved business efficiency as they print.
CO2 Emissions of Consumables
Consumables CO2 emissions are less than 1/5th of conventional cartridge model.
* Compares CO2 emissions from raw materials, parts manufacturing, production, distribution, use by customer, and disposal for consumables to print 50,000 pages (A4, color) in 5 years with models ET-4750/L6190 series and WF-2630 series. CO2 emissions calculated based on Epson’s evaluation conditions and will vary depending on customer printer use.
[Evaluated] Cartridge model: ink cartridges, packaging. High-capacity ink tank model: ink bottles, packaging.
- Use of ink tanks means fewer ink refills and resource consumption. In addition, it achieves low electricity consumption with inkjet printers that do not use heat during printing.
- About 84% reduction in CO2 emissions of consumables*1
- TEC 0.2kWh*2
*1 Compared with WF-2630 series when using consumables to print 50,000 pages.
*2 Typical electricity consumption (TEC) is based on the ENERGY STAR® program’s TEC test method criteria (Ver.2.0) and Epson measured when making 105 prints per day.
Compact, Stylish Receipt Printer
A compact receipt printer suitable for tablet POS environments. It combines a compact and stylish body with environmental performance.
Compact & Lightweight Design
Compact, lightweight POS printers to streamline your register counter. Enjoy greater installation flexibility while reducing your environmental impacts.
Energy Saving Design
Epson increased total energy-efficiency by developing an AC adapter, drivers, software and other features that save energy. Reduce your environmental impacts with remarkable energy performance.
Paper Reduction Function
Paper-saving functions: Reduce paper consumption by up to 30% with an auto-paper saving function and with optional settings that reduce the top and bottom margins of receipts.
- The sleek and stylish TM-m10 and TM-m30 receipt printers are approximately 71% and 46% smaller than Epson's TM-T20II, making them ideal for tablet POS environments and register counter spaces.
- Equipped with a host of energy-saving features, the TM-m10 and TM-m30 consume about 81% and 78% less power than the TM-T20II.*1
- Paper-saving functions conserve resources and cut costs.
*1 Comparison when connected to Ethernet (230 V)
Fully-Integrated, Feature-Rich Compact Teller Device
As an all-in-one product, the TM-S9000MJ offers a lower environmental impacts while also lightening the work load of tellers by efficiently processing checks electronically.
Electronic Check Processing: The Faster, Greener Alternative
Paper checks are an integral part of life in the U.S. and some other locales. In the past, banks would physically mail checks to one another for processing, but legal changes and technological advances have made electronic check processing standard. With the TM-S9000MJ, Epson supports electronic check processing, which not only lightens the work load on banks but also reduces the environmental impact by eliminating the need for physical transport.
ALL the Required Function in a Single Unit
The TM-S9000MJ combines check scanning, endorsement and receipt printing functions in a single device. In addition to having a small footprint that saves space at the teller counter, this all-in-one device is fast and easy to use. By maximizing work efficiency and eliminating the need for several separate devices, the TM-S9000MJ helps save energy and resources.
- Support the digitalization of the check settlement process and also greatly reduce the environmental impacts related to physically transporting checks.
- The functions necessary for the tellers are integrated in one unit, reducing the environmental impacts related to energy use, resources and so on by making separate equipment unnecessary.
A Projector with a Long-lasting Laser Light Source for Reduced-maintenance Operation
The high-output laser light source has a long service life and helps shrink the size of the optical engine.
Laser Light Source
High-lumen projectors designed primarily for use at major events need to be extraordinarily reliable and to maintain stable brightness and image quality around the clock. These large-venue projectors are often installed on high ceilings, which can make lamp replacement troublesome and expensive.
The laser light source lasts up to an estimated 20,000 hours*1, practically assuring that it will be ready to go when you are.
*1 Approximate time until brightness decreases 50% from first usage. Measured by acceleration test assuming use of 0.04 - 0.20 mg/m3 of particulate matter. Time varies depending on usage conditions and environments.
Lightweight Yet Durable
Laser light, which is less susceptible to diffusion than lamp light, can more readily be concentrated, meaning that the mirrors, LCD panels, and other main components in the optical engine can be made smaller and lighter.
A pipe frame and baseplate structure ensure a durable, knock-resistant case. Besides being compact and light, this projector is designed to be easy to install, remove, and transport again and again.
* Compared to the weight and volume of projectors with 10,000 lumens of brightness or more (per Epson research conducted in May 2017). Some projectors use a laser light source, others use a lamp.
EB-L25000U wins iF Design Award 2017.
Products are evaluated based on a wide range of criteria, including consideration of environmental standards, practicability, workmanship, degree of elaboration and innovation, functionality, usability, safety, aesthetics, and universal design.
- The EB-L25000U supports major events with stunning image productions and a level of reliability that only a laser light source can deliver.
- Equipped with a 20,000 hours long-lasting laser light source.
- Compact, lightweight design, improved robustness, and easy installation.
- Smaller, lighter mirrors, LCD panels, and other main components in the optical engine.
- A pipe frame and baseplate structure ensure a durable, knock-resistant case.
Experience a New Way with Light and Comfortable Smart Glasses
Compact and lightweight, the Moverio BT-300 is comfortable to wear, even for an extended period of time.
Miniaturization of the Optical System
Self-illuminating and Focused light distribution as Si-OLED technology contributes for Miniaturization of the optical system.
- Compact and lightweight design contributes resource saving.
- Headset is approx. 22% lighter than BT-200, approx. 71% lighter than BT-100.
Low-Power GPS Solar Watch
The 8X series is the second generation of Astron GPS solar watches, the world's first watches capable of quickly pinpointing your position and capturing the local time anywhere on Earth. Watches in the series sport a new chronograph (stopwatch function) and dual-time display, yet are about 30% smaller*1 than the first-generation 7X series and are about 40% more energy efficient.
*1 Compared to the watch head (case) of the models in the 7X series, which were released in 2012.
Equipped with a Newly Developed GPS Module and Miniature Ring Antenna
Epson developed a new GPS module for small, accurate, low-power solar watches and combined it with a small yet acutely sensitive ring-shaped antenna that captures even weak GPS satellite signals so that it can automatically correct the time anywhere in the world.
- Newly Developed GPS Module
The ultra-low power new GPS module consumes about 50% less power than the 7X series yet offers even better sensitivity.
- Compact Antenna with a New Design
This high-sensitivity ring sensor is about 2.5 mm smaller in diameter than the 7X series.
Thinner Watch Head
With a diameter of 20.0 mm and a thickness of 1.6 mm, the rechargeable battery used in the 7X series was overlaid on the movement, but the dramatically improved energy efficiency of the new GPS chip enabled us to reduce the size of the rechargeable battery used in the 8X series and incorporate it inside the movement.
In addition, the 8X series has one circuit board instead of two because the board components were mounted on both sides of the board. This enabled us to reduce the thickness of the watch head by 3.5 mm.
Realization of a Stable Power Supply
Since about 10,000 times more current is consumed when receiving GPS signals than when simply keeping time, we developed a new radio wave reception algorithm, lithium-ion battery, and a low-power charge control circuit that controls the charging and discharging of the battery to dramatically reduce power consumption.
- The development of new core components, including the GPS module, power supply system and antenna enabled Epson to reduce the size and increase the energy efficiency of the 8X series compared to the 7X series.
- The solar panel eliminates the need for a battery replacement or an external charger.
Compact SCARA robots
Epson's industrial robots have led the industry for over 30 years thanks to their innovativeness and reliability. And Epson has maintained the top share of the global market for SCARA robots for eight consecutive years*1.
T series have a built-in controller and batteryless motors. SCARA robot arms move horizontally and can perform simple tasks that are currently done by hand, such as loading and unloading electronic components and small automotive parts from test equipment. SCARA robots can also help you replace single-axis robots.
*1 Market share based on revenue and unit of industrial SCARA robots, 2011-2018. (Source: Fuji Keizai "2012-2019 Reality and Future Outlook of Worldwide Robot Market")
Space-saving and simple cabling
Epson integrated all the compact, lightweight controller components into the robot arm so that customers do not need a separate controller box or a space in which to install it. In addition, you no longer have to route long cables to the controller, which simplifies initial setup and redeployment.
* Weights indicated in the above pictures do not include cables.
Saving energy and resources
The T3 is 30% more energy-efficient than conventional SCARA robots. And it runs on 100 V, so it can be used in facilities where a large power supply is not available.
You do not need to replace batteries because the T3 records the back-up status of its motors by using a simple mechanical system with the latest motor technologies.
- Compact all-in-one SCARA robots increase productivity and save space by automating simple tasks and replacing single-axis robots.
- Equipped with a built-in controller to save space
- Run on AC 100 V, using 30% less power than comparable Epson robot systems*1
- No batteries required for the motor unit, thus reducing resource use, maintenance, and factory downtime
*1 Compared with an Epson LS3 SCARA robot