Epson and the Environment
Raising Meeting Productivity with Interactive Communication
Epson's interactive projectors increase the productivity of interactive meetings, deliver more effective presentations, and even contribute to a smaller environmental footprint.
Reduce Your Environmental Footprint with Videoconferencing
Connect your existing videoconferencing system to the projector, and use the projector's whiteboard sharing, multi-location interactive and split-screen functions to display your videoconference on one side of the screen and your presentation on the other, to achieve virtual face-to-face collaboration. This interactive projector can reduce the need for travel and reduce your environmental footprint.
Whiteboard Sharing Function
- Share your whiteboard with up to 15 PCs, tablets, or sites that have a EB-1460Ui.
Multi-location Interactive Function
- Share your PC screen with up to four locations.
- Participants in all locations can annotate a presentation and save the content to their PCs.
Split Screen Function
- Achieve virtual face-to-face collaboration while sharing whiteboard and PC screen images.
- Clearly display different content on a split screen that measures up to 100 inches.
Use as a Copyboard
The all-in-one interactive projector with copyboard, electronic blackboard, and other common whiteboard functions saves both resources and installation space. Directly annotate up to 50 sheets' worth of projected data and images, no PC required. Increase meeting productivity and minimize printouts by saving data or by emailing it directly from the projector.
- Connect your videoconferencing system to the projector, and use the whiteboard sharing, multi-location interactive and split-screen functions to display your videoconference on one side of the screen and your presentation on the other, to achieve easy remote collaboration and reduce the need for travel. Helps to reduce your environmental footprint.
- This all-in-one interactive projector includes copyboard, electronic blackboard, and other whiteboard functions to save both resources and installation space.
- Projected data and images can be annotated with digital pens. Minimize printouts by saving data as is or by emailing it directly from the projector.
- Energy-saving features
- An illuminance sensor detects ambient brightness and automatically adjusts the output of the lamp
- You can reduce power consumption by as much as 23% using ECO mode
- Consumes just 0.22 W of power in Standby mode*1
*1 Power consumption values and reduction ratio are for projectors operating at 100-120 V.
Changing Office Printing with Inkjet Technology
Printers with the innovative new high-capacity replaceable ink pack system require minimal replacement of consumables and minimal energy, saving work while reducing environmental impacts.
Reducing Environmental Impacts with the High-Capacity Replaceable Ink Pack System
High-capacity ink packs not only reduce costs but contribute to reducing environmental impact by reducing resource consumption and minimizing waste. They also ease the burden of managing consumables replacement and help reduce downtime.
* Comparison of global warming impacts of consumables and their packaging. The 84,000-page*1 yield of the color ink pack of the WF-C869R series was used as the basis for comparing consumables*2 for the Epson LP-M8170, a color laser MFP (only available in Japan). Epson calculates the total global warming impacts of consumables (material, material processing) as CO2 emissions based on Epson’s test conditions. Figures don't include ink and toner, but include the effects*3 of the material recycling. CO2 emissions will vary depending on customer printer use.
*1 Quoted yields are simulated figures calculated by Epson based on the ISO/IEC24711 methodology using the ISO/IEC24712 test patterns.
*2 WF-R869R: Ink pack, Maintenance box
LP-M8170: Toner cartridge, Photoreceptor, Waste toner box
Numbers are calculated proportionally based on the number of pages printed.
*3 Reduction of CO2 emissions due to recycling.
Supporting Energy-Efficient Offices with Inkjet Printing
Because inkjet printers use no heat in the printing process, they consume far less power than laser printers, which in turn reduces the running cost.
The Business Inkjet Difference
Inkjet printers have a simple energy-saving structure that allows ink to be fired onto paper. Unlike laser printers, heat is not used in the printing process. Inkjets thus contribute to limiting the unseen energy costs and the environmental burden of everyday office operations.
- High-capacity ink packs allow you to print up to 84,000 pages without replacing ink and reduce CO2 emissions by up to 94% compared to their equivalent laser printers, which consume a large number of toner cartridges and photoconductor units.
- Inkjet printers that do not use heat to print consume far less energy than laser printers.