Epson and the Environment
The value of color on demand
Easily print full-color labels, tickets and tags - where and when users need them and in the quantities required.
Eliminate large inventories of pre-printed labels on demand by printing labels in short runs.
Epson's ColorWorks inkjet label printers simplify traditional processes
Thermal printers were traditionally used to overprint black onto pre-printed labels, but this approach can be slow, disruptive, wasteful and inconvenient. Epson's range of on-demand color inkjet printers eliminates these issues easily. With the ability to print customized color labels, tickets and tags in-house as and when required, users no longer have to worry about inventory, production downtime, label waste, lost orders or late shipments.
- Simplifying the traditional label printing process, improve inventory management and reduce waste.
- Streamline label production by printing color labels on-demand
- No need to keep an inventory of pre-printed labels
Label Printing Technology Shifting from Analog to Digital
The trend toward short-run print jobs has spread to labels and packages, giving rise to demand for efficient printing systems that can agilely respond to this demand. Epson's digital inkjet label presses provide customers with a new label printing workflow that meets their needs.
An Efficient Label Printing Process with a Low Environmental Impacts
A digital printing process does not need the press plates and other prepress processes required by analog printing processes. And, since a digital process does not use developer or film or plate materials, it conserves resources. Capable of stable, consistent output, a digital process does not require mock-ups and thus can reduce the waste of ink and label substrates during setup. Digital label presses thus offer both a more efficient workflow from start to finish and lower environmental impacts.
SurePress AQ Ink for a Better Printing Environment
Epson's newly developed SurePress AQ ink is a non-toxic, low odor, and noncombustible water-based pigment ink that offers print shops a better working environment. This ink also provides excellent adhesion on label substrates, without the need for pre-treatments or coatings.
- Save resources by removing the need for pre-press process like plate making, and eliminating the use of developer and films.
- Easy color-matching and no replacement of plates makes the SurePress less wasteful, and enables it to consume less standard label stock and ink.
- No need for special cleaning eliminates waste fluid emissions from maintenance.
- Removing the need for pre-treatment, SurePress water-based ink has good adhesion on a variety of standard label stocks. Non-toxic, low odor, and noncombustible water-based pigment ink offers print shops a better working environment.