Epson and the Environment
Simple method for measuring PFCs*1
Seiko Epson Corporation ("Epson") has developed a simple method for measuring PFCs (Perfluorocarbon) usage. Documents detailing Epson's simple method and sheets for measuring PFCs usage (collectively "Measuring PFCs Documents") will be sent to you by e-mail after you agree to the terms and condition of this Agreement and fill out the "Simple method for measuring PFCs Documents Application Form".
Epson retains ownership of all intellectual property right (including patent rights, applications for patent right, copyright and know-how) relating to the simple method for measuring PFCs usage and Measuring PFCs Documents. Subject to the Agreement, you may use the Simple method for measuring PFCs.
If you desire to use the Simple method for measuring PFCs for the purpose other than the Purpose (defined in Section 1 of the Rules of Simple method for measuring PFCs Usage), please contact the following address.
1 Formerly called the "Epson Method"
Seiko Epson Corporation
Simple method for measuring PFCs Inquiry window (E-mail: Epson.Method@exc.epson.co.jp)
CS/Quality Assurance Environment Department
Address: Hirooka Office, Seiko Epson Corporation, 80 Harashinden, Hirooka, Shiojiri-shi, Nagano-ken, 399-0785 Japan
*If you provide PFCs measurement services to third parties and/or you design, manufacture and/or sell PFCs measurement device, tools and/or system to third parties, please contact the address above to use the Simple method for measuring PFCs.
License Terms for the Simple method for measuring PFCs
- Subject to and conditional upon the terms of this Agreement, Epson grants you non-sublicensable, non-exclusive, fully paid-up and limited license to use the Simple method for measuring PFCs only for the purpose of measuring PFCs which are emitted from your plants ("Purpose").
- You may not use the Simple method for measuring PFCs for the purpose other than the Purpose. If you desire to use the Simple method for measuring PFCs for the purpose other than the Purpose, please contact the address above.
- You shall, without delay, disclose to Epson all inventions (including improvement inventions) and creations in connection with the Simple method for measuring PFCs (collectively "Inventions"). You shall grant Epson and all Simple method for measuring PFCs users a non-exclusive, royalty-free, fully paid-up, world wide and non-exclusive license to make, use, sell, offer, copy, modify, import and distribute, directly or indirectly, the Inventions.
- You shall clearly indicate that the Simple method for measuring PFCs was used on any measurement reports submitted to industry groups.
- You shall not disclose or publish the Measuring PFCs Documents to a third party without the Epson's prior written approval.
- You shall not copy or modify the Measuring PFCs Documents without the Epson's prior written approval.
- You shall not delete, remove or modify the copyright notices in the Measuring PFCs Documents.
- You acknowledge and agree that use of the Simple method for measuring PFCs is at your sole risk. The Simple method for measuring PFCs is provided "as is" and without any warranty whatsoever, including without limitation, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and/or non-infringement of the rights of a third party (including without limitation rights under patent, copyright and trade secrets). further, Epson does not warrant, guarantee, or make any representations (a) the Simple method for measuring PFCs’s performance or results of measurements obtained using the Simple method for measuring PFCs, or (b) that any documentation (including Measuring PFCs Documents) are correct, accurate or reliable.
- In no event shall Epson be liable to you or any third party with respect to any subject matter of this agreement whether arising under contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability, breach of warranty, or misrepresentation for: (a) any indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including, but not limited to, loss of profits; or any matter beyond Epson's reasonable control; or (b) any direct damages exceeding the amounts paid by you to Epson to use the Simple method for measuring PFCs hereunder.
- Epson shall not be liable for any claims, liabilities, losses, damages, costs and/or expenses (collectively, "Damages") arising out of or in connection with the Simple method for measuring PFCs. Epson shall have no obligation to you and/or any third party to indemnify, contribute, defend or hold harmless you and/or any third party from and against any and all Damages arising out of the Simple method for measuring PFCs. You shall defend, hold harmless and indemnify Epson from and against all Damages arising out of the Simple method for measuring PFCs.
- This Agreement is effective until it is terminated. This Agreement will terminate automatically if you fail to comply with any provision of this Agreement. You may also terminate this Agreement at any time. Upon termination of this Agreement, you shall stop all use of the Simple method for measuring PFCs. In addition, you shall return the Measuring PFCs Documents to Epson, on Epson's instructions. Except as otherwise provided herein, the terms of this Agreement shall survive termination. Termination is not an exclusive remedy, and any and all other remedies shall be available whether or not this Agreement is terminated.