Epson and the Environment
Saving Space and Energy at Home
Compact & lightweight design offers the customer more freedom when it comes to installation location and reduces the environmental impact.
Compact & Lightweight Design
Improvement of Transport Efficiency
Energy Saving Design
- Compact and lightweight design contributes resource saving.
- Approx. 45% smaller and approx. 31% lighter main unit
- Approx. 30% smaller packaging, approx. 38% improvement for container loading efficiency
- Energy saving
- Sleep mode's energy consumption is less than 1W
- Approx. 84% less energy in sleep mode
* Compared with 2011 model EP-804A series.
Standard Office Projectors with a Variety of Power-Saving Features
The EB-S31/X31/X36/W32/U32, EX3240/5240/5250/7240/9200, VS240, PL1224/1264/1284 and CB-S31/X31/X31E/X36/W32/U32 projectors were launched to market in 2015 as standard office models. They reduce users' environmental footprints with a variety of functions that minimize power consumption both when projecting images and when idle.
Eco Menu Offers a Range of Power-Saving Options
When projected images are too bright, such as when you are using the projector in a dark room or projecting onto a small screen, you can switch to Eco mode to lower the brightness and reduce power consumption by 27% during projection. You can also use the Light Optimizer*1 function to automatically adjust lamp brightness based on the projected image. These projectors are also designed to use less power when they are not projecting images. They are equipped with a Super Low Brightness Mode. When Sleep Mode, the Lens Cover Timer, and the A/V Mute Timer are used, these products will automatically turn off after a certain period of time.
*1 Light Optimizer can only be selected when the Power Consumption setting is "Normal." The percentage by which power consumption is reduced differs depending on the images projected.
Lower Power Consumption in Standby Mode
Consumes just 0.2 W of power*2 (at 100-120 V). The Instant Off feature allows you to turn off and immediately unplug the projector after use, eliminating cool-down time and saving energy.
*2 Power consumption in Standby mode: Power consumed when the projector's main power switch is on and the projector can be restarted with the remote control panel or switch.
- These projectors reduce energy waste with an energy-efficient basic design and power-saving options on the Eco menu.
- Save power by setting the projector's power consumption setting to Eco or by using Light Optimizer to automatically adjust lamp brightness based on the projected image.
- A Super Low Brightness Mode is now available. Use Sleep Mode, the Lens Cover Timer, and the A/V Mute Timer to reduce power consumption when interrupting projecting.
- Consumes just 0.2 W of power (at 100-120 V) in standby mode.
A Long-Lasting Laser Light Source that Allows Virtually Maintenance-free Operation*1
The high-output laser light source has a long service life and helps shrink the size of the optical engine.
*1 Up to about 20,000 hours. Approximate time until brightness decreases 50% from first usage. Measured by acceleration test assuming use of 0.04 - 0.20 mg/m3 of particulate matter. Time varies depending on usage conditions and environments.
Inorganic Materials Help Achieve High Reliability
High-lumen projectors designed primarily for use at major events need to be extraordinarily reliable and to maintain stable brightness and image quality around the clock. These large-venue projectors are often installed on high ceilings, which can make lamp replacement troublesome and expensive.
The supremely durable and reliable EB-L25000U combines a laser-light source with an inorganic phosphor wheel and inorganic LCD panels for up to 20,000 hours of virtually maintenance-free use.
A portion of the light from a blue laser is converted to yellow light after striking a yellow phosphor wheel. This yellow beam is then split into red and green. Thus only a single light source is needed to produce the three primary colors of light (red, green, and blue), which helps to reduce the size of the optical engine.
Durability is guaranteed by using an inorganic phosphor wheel, which is better able to withstand high temperatures.
Lightweight Yet Durable
Laser light, which is less susceptible to diffusion than lamp light, can more readily be concentrated, meaning that the mirrors, LCD panels, and other main components in the optical engine can be made smaller and lighter.
A pipe frame and baseplate structure ensure a durable, knock-resistant case. Besides being compact and light, this projector is designed to be easy to install, remove, and transport again and again.
* Compared to the weight and volume of projectors with 10,000 lumens of brightness or more (per Epson research conducted in May 2017). Some projectors use a laser light source, others use a lamp.
EB-L25000U wins iF Design Award 2017.
Products are evaluated based on a wide range of criteria, including consideration of environmental standards, practicability, workmanship, degree of elaboration and innovation, functionality, usability, safety, aesthetics, and universal design.
- The EB-L25000U supports major events with stunning image productions and a level of reliability that only a laser light source can deliver.
- It integrates a laser-light source with an inorganic phosphor wheel and inorganic LCD panels for up to 20,000 hours of virtually maintenance-free use.
- Compact, lightweight design, improved robustness, and easy installation.
- - Smaller, lighter mirrors, LCD panels, and other main components in the optical engine.
- - A pipe frame and baseplate structure ensure a durable, knock-resistant case.
Experience a New Way with Light and Comfortable Smart Glasses
Compact and lightweight, the Moverio BT-300 is comfortable to wear, even for an extended period of time.
Miniaturization of the Optical System
Self-illuminating and Focused light distribution as Si-OLED technology contributes for Miniaturization of the optical system.
- Compact and lightweight design contributes resource saving.
- Headset is approx. 22% lighter than BT-200, approx. 71% lighter than BT-100.
A Proofing Inkjet Printer Equipped with the Industry's First Water-Based White Ink
The Epson Stylus Pro WT7900 boasts the industry's first water-based white ink. That helps reduce the burden on the environment while offering improved operational flexibility and efficiency.
Water-Based White Ink
Epson's newly developed white ink is made using special hollow resin particles. As well as having a low environmental impact thanks to being water-based, this ink is also easier to handle because it is lighter and less prone to settling than conventional white inks, which use titanium dioxide for color.
An Efficient Proofing Process with a Low Environmental Impact
As all of the ink colors are water-based, they are low-odor, which also makes them suitable for office environments. In addition, these inks help save energy because, unlike their solvent-based or UV-curable counterparts, there is no need for heaters, lamps, or ventilation equipment. Epson inks enable a low environmental impact and efficient proofing process.
- Employing ultra low-odor water-based inks, the Epson Stylus Pro WT7900 does not require a special operating environment.
- Low-power because there is no need for heaters, lamps, or ventilation equipment used with solvent-based or UV-curable ink printers.
- ENERGY STAR® qualified.
Compact, Stylish Receipt Printer
A compact receipt printer suitable for tablet POS environments. It combines a compact and stylish body with environmental performance.
Compact & Lightweight Design
Compact, lightweight POS printers to streamline your register counter. Enjoy greater installation flexibility while reducing your environmental impacts.
Energy Saving Design
Epson increased total energy-efficiency by developing an AC adapter, drivers, software and other features that save energy. Reduce your environmental impacts with remarkable energy performance.
Paper Reduction Function
Paper-saving functions: Reduce paper consumption by up to 30% with an auto-paper saving function and with optional settings that reduce the top and bottom margins of receipts.
- The sleek and stylish TM-m10 and TM-m30 receipt printers are approximately 71% and 46% smaller than Epson’s TM-T20II, making them ideal for tablet POS environments and register counter spaces.
- Equipped with a host of energy-saving features, the TM-m10 and TM-m30 consume about 81% and 78% less power than the TM-T20II.*1
- Paper-saving functions conserve resources and cut costs.
*1 Comparison when connected to Ethernet (230 V)
Fully-Integrated, Feature-Rich Compact Teller Device
As an all-in-one product, the TM-S9000MJ offers a lower environmental impacts while also lightening the work load of tellers by efficiently processing checks electronically.
Electronic Check Processing: The Faster, Greener Alternative
Paper checks are an integral part of life in the U.S. and some other locales. In the past, banks would physically mail checks to one another for processing, but legal changes and technological advances have made electronic check processing standard. With the TM-S9000MJ, Epson supports electronic check processing, which not only lightens the work load on banks but also reduces the environmental impact by eliminating the need for physical transport.
ALL the Required Function in a Single Unit
The TM-S9000MJ combines check scanning, endorsement and receipt printing functions in a single device. In addition to having a small footprint that saves space at the teller counter, this all-in-one device is fast and easy to use. By maximizing work efficiency and eliminating the need for several separate devices, the TM-S9000MJ helps save energy and resources.
- Support the digitalization of the check settlement process and also greatly reduce the environmental impacts related to physically transporting checks.
- The functions necessary for the tellers are integrated in one unit, reducing the environmental impacts related to energy use, resources and so on by making separate equipment unnecessary.
Low-Power GPS Solar Watch
The 8X series is the second generation of Astron GPS solar watches, the world's first watches capable of quickly pinpointing your position and capturing the local time anywhere on Earth. Watches in the series sport a new chronograph (stopwatch function) and dual-time display, yet are about 30% smaller*1 than the first-generation 7X series and are about 40% more energy efficient.
*1 Compared to the watch head (case) of the models in the 7X series, which were released in 2012.
Equipped with a Newly Developed GPS Module and Miniature Ring Antenna
Epson developed a new GPS module for small, accurate, low-power solar watches and combined it with a small yet acutely sensitive ring-shaped antenna that captures even weak GPS satellite signals so that it can automatically correct the time anywhere in the world.
- Newly Developed GPS Module
The ultra-low power new GPS module consumes about 50% less power than the 7X series yet offers even better sensitivity.
- Compact Antenna with a New Design
This high-sensitivity ring sensor is about 2.5 mm smaller in diameter than the 7X series.
Thinner Watch Head
With a diameter of 20.0 mm and a thickness of 1.6 mm, the rechargeable battery used in the 7X series was overlaid on the movement, but the dramatically improved energy efficiency of the new GPS chip enabled us to reduce the size of the rechargeable battery used in the 8X series and incorporate it inside the movement.
In addition, the 8X series has one circuit board instead of two because the board components were mounted on both sides of the board. This enabled us to reduce the thickness of the watch head by 3.5 mm.
Realization of a Stable Power Supply
Since about 10,000 times more current is consumed when receiving GPS signals than when simply keeping time, we developed a new radio wave reception algorithm, lithium-ion battery, and a low-power charge control circuit that controls the charging and discharging of the battery to dramatically reduce power consumption.
- The development of new core components, including the GPS module, power supply system and antenna enabled Epson to reduce the size and increase the energy efficiency of the 8X series compared to the 7X series.
- The solar panel eliminates the need for a battery replacement or an external charger.